Tuesday 30 July 2013

it's calling

VIA
I have spent this past week in the south. In the deep south that is Alabama. I had a wonderful time and met some great people. I will post about it all very soon.
But for now, I want to talk about adventure. 
I was reminded of the feeling of the new and unexpected and the unknown as I was navigating airports and catching three flights both ways. 
I am currently living in Boise and it is almost the one year anniversary of me moving stateside....for the third time. England - USA - England - USA - England - The Netherlands - USA. 
This is actually the longest time that I have been in one place for the past five years. There are times that I get very itchy feet and I long for a new adventure, a new place, and a big new challenge. But, then again, I also enjoy the way that Boise is becoming comfy and the friends I see every day and share my life with are beginning to feel like family. And this is a feeling that I am willing to treasure for now and cherish with my whole heart. 
But that doesn't mean there isn't room for smaller adventures in and around Boise. It's not required to leave the country to have an adventure. Summer has been so busy and I have quite a few more adventures lined up before school starts again.
Adventures are calling.

1 comment:

Yara Miora said...

Adventure is calling, isn't it.. oh how I love to read your posts :) I miss you in enormous ways and since I am states-bound in 24 days I have started to feel a ' freak out' coming up.. but I look up to you and learned so much from you living here that I am sure it will be okay. If we could just plan a skype date the world would be perfect ;)
<3 love!