Monday 21 January 2013

winter adventure

I have a hunger for adventure. I try to live my life chasing, embracing and cherishing adventure. I can complain often about life getting crazy, but deep down I like the craziness. I have loved and, honestly, at times hated the adventure of relocating to a foreign country....three times now. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunities I have had to travel, learn and love. I am sure glad my God knows my heart and loves  giving me adventures that blow my mind. I recently spent a week in the mountains on a backpacking trip. The trip was a new staff assessment training trip for my new job working at the Outdoor Program at Boise State University. I can say will all certainty that it was physically the most challenging adventure I have survived! But none the less it was an adventure and I loved it. Yes, the cold bloke me to shed a few tears one morning and yes, I cursed like a sailor when the stove froze and then when the tent pole snapped because it was so cold. Like any adventure there were moments of pure joy and wonder and moments when I thought I was going to die. But, all those moments are moments that make an adventure an adventure. I am so excited for the many outdoor adventures ahead for me in beautiful Idaho!

Photos 1-6: Credits to Nicole Gallaher 










No comments: