Thursday 10 October 2013

so long summer

This morning has been a roller-coaster. In fact, the last 24 hours have been. Today I had three assessments at school, so naturally, last night was a long night of cramming.
But it is now done.
I am off to work and then sharing dinner and church with friends. Wow, the best cure for a tough day.
I am missing summer. I regularly turn to a friend and suggest that we just simply go back to summer. This summer was one of the most incredible seasons of my life. I learnt a lot about grace and love. I learnt that healing takes time and it is a continual journey, but, a wonderful one with beautiful surprises along the way. This summer was also my first season as a river guide. I first took an extended trip on the river in the summer of 2012 and it was then that I gained a healthy respect and reverence for the water. For the first time I was able to approach the water with a sense of wonder and awe rather than fear. I owe this to the people I now work with as well as my late boss, Greg.
This past summer was just beautiful. In every way my life has become more beautiful and the relationships in it have grown deeper.

Here are some highlights of my sweet, sweet summer of 2013. Thank you, and so long summer.













No comments: