Sunday 6 October 2013

the most beautiful thing


Photo take at City of Rocks, ID / Gungor Lyrics
Today is a beautiful day. The kind of day that just takes your breath away. As I was driving to church with a friend I could not stop gasping at the beauty of fall and the incredible colors that are on display around Boise at the moment. My friend giggled and said, "you are just overjoyed because you know Jesus and you have a wonderful man in your life". All this is true. But, what is also true, is today is a beautiful day. Creation is the a beautiful thing....creation is God's very heart displayed for all. As I drank my breakfast tea with my dear friend she reminded me of another beauty - the beauty of God's grace and joy at work within us. It's a beautiful thing to know that I am on a journey with a loving God - a God who adores me enough to heal my heart when it breaks, to remind me of courage when I fear, to give me abundant grace when I stumble and to speak real love into my life daily. 
Now that is more beautiful than even today itself.

No comments: