Today is Thanksgiving – my favourite holiday.
Alas I am not in the USA. I am missing the egg-nogg lattes, pecan pies, family feasts and pumpkin bread... but I am trying not to let that get me down.
So, let us assume an attitude of gratitude. What are you thankful for today?
Today I am grateful for:
- Great new friends - it is hard to travel and move so much. I always feel incredibly grateful for the new relationships in my life because they help me to feel more settled.
- The opportunity to live in another country - I never imagined that I would go to school here in Europe. Adventures just keep coming my way and I feel honoured to live in a new culture and try my hand at a new language.
- Family – I miss them terribly but I am so thankful for their unfailing love and support even when they are half way around the world.
- My parents – they are so gracious and adventurous. I am SO grateful that I get to call them Mum and Dad. I love knowing that they are my biggest fans and I could never disappoint them.
- My bicycle – it is nice to be able to get to school in only five minutes when it is this chilly!
- Aeroplanes – I like knowing that I can get on one and be “home” for the holidays.
- Food – I am LOVING the holiday food here in the Netherlands!
- Warmth – I like returning to a warm room when it is so cold outside.
- Good health – I am grateful that I am healthy and I can go running and hiking and cycling.
There are just a few of the things I am grateful for this Thanksgiving Day – be happy that there is always something we can say thank you for.
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all.