How to survive University. Please know that these are just tips and written by me – I have not even finished my first semester yet – so please take them with a pinch of salt.
- Get a super market rewards card! Discount baby!
- Get a coffee place rewards card! Free coffee baby!
- Drink coffee in moderation and not on an empty stomach….yeah that didn’t go well when my diet was only coffee…
- Going out for drinks and dancing really do help with the blues.
- Laugh at life. Crap happens. Just keep trying to remain sane.
- Respect your teachers. Really. No really.
- Sleep when your body tells you it needs it. In short, University = irregular sleeping patterns. That is ok. Just sleep when you can, if you can.
- Don't study too hard - it hurts the brain.
- Carry gum at all times. Sometimes brushing your teeth slips your mind or the mind of your friend.
- Keep the secrets of drunk people. They don't know what they are saying.
- Find something that works as a reward for studying, like the pointless drama of Gilmore girls. Two hours of study - one episdoe - two hours of study...
- Share meals with people – value community.
- Stay connected with the people you love outside of school.
- Find a creative outlet
- Find friends outside of school: they are a nice breath of fresh air.
- Be purposeful in getting away from school every once in a while. Plan road trips, outings, adventures.
- Use your intelligent parents as free editor of your papers….oh yes…
There is my advice for now. Jeez this is a strange and awkward season of life….if only University was as awesome and care-free as Tommy Hilfiger makes it look…..