Tuesday 27 March 2012

Arc de Triomphe

Our next stop was the Arc de Triomphe. It is just a hop and skip away from the Eiffel tower and the sunshine was so nice that we took our time wandering over to the magnificent Arc. The traffic in Paris is a little cray-cray (we had a couple of near death experiences!) so we decided not to try and run across the eight lanes of manic traffic! Instead, we took the safe under road tunnel so we could stand under the great Arc. I can hardly grasp the reality that people made this incredible Arc - chipped and chipped away gradually at each stone. Amazing.






3 comments:

Becca Sparkes said...

Hey Sally, I really like your blog- it's so interesting! Keep up the good work (oh and I love the pictures!) :)

Georgi said...

wow, these photographs are stunning! I really like your blog

I'd love if you could visit my blog www.7wondersblog.net, if you like it maybe we could follow each other?

Georgi xx

badBarbara said...

THis is amazing, beautiful photos! following you, love the title!