Monday 19 March 2012

A Reminder of Truth

This past week has been tough for me. Studying is hard for me. I always want to be the best and I am terrified of being thought of as unintelligent. It is where I am most insecure. Sometimes it just gets too much. The pressure gets to me, the stress gets to me and I feel like one big failure.  It always seems like everyone else has it all together whilst I am falling apart. Often I just need to take a step back and let some truth be spoken into my heart.
Truth. Truth is freedom. I always love to rest in the book of Ephesians when I am forgetting how incredibly deep, unfailing, overwhelming and good God's love is. It is rich and it is more than enough. I trust that God has a plan for my life. A good plan. The best plan possible. And, yes I can work hard but at the end of the day I trust His love. So when I am feeling down and when I am struggling I ask for truth to hit my heart. The truth is that I am me - beautifully and wonderfully made. And you are beautiful and wonderful to. The other day I was out running and I heard God whisper, Sally I have a plan for your life that doesn't require you to be anyone other than you.

Lyrics from Heaven Rejoices by Lex Buckley

4 comments:

Linda said...

I have struggled with similar thoughts. We are simply as intelligent as we are - no more and no less. God will use all he has given us for His Glory. That ought to be, after all, the end result of all intelligence - to point the hurting world back to the one who bestows his gifts with grace and purpose. Glad to hear your thoughts. You are beautiful! In him, Linda

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I think that God speaks to everyone, anyone. There are no qualifications required to hear from Him.

Anonymous said...

thank you for being so honest & for this lovely photograph. it's been my observation in life that some people do a better job of APPEARING to have it together than others. i find your life & thoughts completely beautiful xx