Wednesday 7 March 2012

Keep me Sensitive

I am an Artist. And I am definitely sensitive. The smallest thing can make me cry - a kind word, an inspiring book, a sad moment in a movie, a beautiful sunrise, a soulful song, an incredible painting. It can make people around me feel uncomfortable - I often feel embarrassed. But, you know what? I think it is a gift. I think it is a beautiful gift to be moved by the things we experience in life and the people we interact with. 

"Break my heart for what breaks yours" (Hosanna, Brooke Fraser for Hillsong)

God's heart breaks for the broken, crappiness of this world. He loves passionately and furiously - without conditions. His love never fails. I often wonder how He can not just cry all day long when He sees the brokenness. Maybe He does. All I know is I don't want to become immune to injustice or pain. I want to fight for hope and justice because I hate the absence of love. If we don't feel things, I mean truly feel things, how will be strive for change? So yes, it may be embarrassing and uncomfortable when I cry - but my prayer? Keep me sensitive, God.

VIA
 

4 comments:

Amy @ My Life and Other Nonsense said...

I can relate. I'm very sensitive too and sometimes I wish I wasn't so affected by what I see around me. Great post!

17 Perth said...

I am new to your blog---but I love this. Beautiful written and keep on sister. I cry at just about everything too---I also thank God for it because I think He wants us to love well. Great post.

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

I would have to say that I'm sensitive too! :-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Shawnee said...

oh...i LOVE this. i totally relate -- a sensitive artist! thank you for posting this. xoxo